The following tutorial shows in detail how to use Prosig DATS to export data in a non-linear format.
DATS stores all data in linear format. When you export data you are exporting the raw stored data. Therefore, to export data in a non-linear fashion we must convert the data to non-linear scale (dB for our example) and then export to the desired format, in this case CSV.
- Launch DATS
- Load the dataset you would like to export. Notice the linear format.
- Select the function -> Standard Analysis -> Maths Functions -> Linear to dB. Notice the non linear format.
- Select the function -> Standard Analysis -> Export -> CSV
- Select your desired file path for the CSV file
- Select to export the independent variable
- Exported data
- And, finally, a small excerpt of the exported data
Latest posts by James Wren (see all)
- Does the P8000 support strain gauges? And which types? - August 18, 2016
- Example of performing a Moving Average - June 17, 2016
- Is it possible to connect the BNC outer to ground when using a P8000? - April 1, 2015